AHA 2020 PALS Provider Manual
Sale Sold out
Regular price $56.00 USD
Regular priceUnit price per
The AHA PALS Provider Manual, for use by a single student, contains all the information students need to successfully complete the AHA PALS Course, including information needed before, during, and after class.
- Updated to reflect new science in the 2020 AHA Guidelines for CPR and ECC
- The PALS Provider Course is designed for healthcare providers who either direct or participate in the management of respiratory and/or cardiovascular emergencies and cardiopulmonary arrest in pediatric patients.
- This course uses pre-course preparation, didactic instruction, and active participation in learning stations and simulated cases to enhance the recognition and intervention of respiratory emergencies, shock, and cardiopulmonary arrest.
- Includes the PALS Reference Card, which is also sold separately, #20-1118
Course Learning Objectives:
- After successfully completing the PALS Course, students should be able to:
- Perform high-quality cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) per AHA basic life support (BLS) recommendations
- Differentiate between patients who do and do not require immediate intervention
- Recognize cardiopulmonary arrest early and begin CPR within 10 seconds
- Apply team dynamics
- Differentiate between and perform early interventions for respiratory distress and failure
- Differentiate between compensated and decompensated (hypotensive) shock
- Perform early interventions for the treatment of shock
- Differentiate between unstable and stable patients with arrhythmias
- Describe clinical characteristics of instability in patients with arrhythmias
- Implement post-cardiac arrest management